Coppola e Toppo 1940’s necklace
Coppola e Toppo hand beaded necklace by Bruno Coppola and Lyda Toppo, a brother and sister duo who founded their company in the late 1940’s.
The fashion capital moved from Paris to Milan at that time and the duo designed and made jewelry for Dior and Balenciaga. In the 1950’s they created a line for Schiaparelli. This success led to creations for Pucci and Valentino before winding down in the 1970’s.
The necklace measures 13 inches top to bottom on each side and is signed in the triangular closure.